The Nagorno Karabakh Republic attaches great importance to integration in international processes aimed at the consolidation and development of cooperation in economic, political and cultural spheres.
The NKR works towards establishing and developing decentralized cooperation between communities of Artsakh and different foreign states. Along with consolidation of friendly relations between peoples, such ties also create opportunities for implementation of different projects in the spheres of culture, education, sport, trade, and local self-governance.
Friendly relations have been established between the communities of Artsakh and the USA, France, the Basque Country (Spain), Brazil and Lebanon:
- May 22, 1998, Villeurbanne (France) - Stepanakert
- October 26, 2005, Montebello (USA, California) - Stepanakert
- May 9, 2012, Los Angeles (USA, California) - Shushi
- June 11, 2013, Les Pennes-Mirabeau (France) - Martuni
- November 26, 2013, Highland (California, USA) - Berdzor
- February 21, 2014, Vienne (France) - Hadrut
- April 22, 2014, Pico Rivera (California, USA) - Karvachar
- September 13, 2014, Donostia/San Sebastian (Basque Country) - Stepanakert
- October 5, 2014, Bourg-les-Valence (France)- Shushi
- October 28, 2014, Burbank (California, USA) - Hadrut
- November 19, 2014, Bouc-Bel-Air (France) - Askeran
- May 17, 2015, Valence (France) - Stepanakert
- May 18, 2015, Villeurbanne (France) - Shushi
- May 20, 2015, Sarcelles (France) – Martakert
- February 3, 2016, Franco da Rocha (Brazil) - Stepanakert
- September 25, 2017, Decines-Charpieu (France) - Chartar
- November 20, 2017, Alfortville (France) - Berdzor
- April 3, 2018, Bourg-de-Péage (France) - Martuni
- May 17, 2018, Bourj Hammoud (Lebanon) - Martakert
- May 18, 2018, Anjar (Lebanon) - Kovsakan
- October 21, 2018, Saint-Étienne (France) - Shushi
- October 22, 2018, Arnouville (France) - Shekher
- July 23, 2019, Ryde (Australia) - Stepanakert
- September 20, 2019, Department of Isere (France) - Hadrut region
On 17 May 2015, a declaration on cooperation between Drome department of France (Region Rhône-Alpes) and Artsakh was signed within the framework of the visit to France of the NKR delegation headed by President Bako Sahakyan.
On 20 September 2019, a Declaration of Friendship was signed between Hadrut region of the Republic of Artsakh and the Department of Isere of the French Republic.
Special importance is attached to the establishment of inter-parliamentary ties, in particular:
- Friendship Group with Nagorno Karabakh was established in the Sejm of Lithuanian Republic on 26 February 2013.On July 5, 2017, the parliamentary friendship group was expanded and transformed into a circle of friendship between Lithuania and Artsakh, which included deputies of the parliament, political and public figures of Lithuania.
- Friendship group with Nagorno Karabakh was established in France with involvement of politicians, parliament deputies and senators of France on 19 March 2013;
- On October 14, the start of the process of establishing a Friendship Group with Artsakh was announced in the European Parliament during the solemn events on the occasion of NKR`s 23rd anniversary of independence, in which Ashot Ghulyan, the Chairman of National Assembly of the NKR took part.
- On October 18, 2017 the establishment of a friendship group of Flemish deputies of Belgium with Artsakh was announced in the Flemish Parliament of Belgium. President of the Republic of Artsakh Bako Sahakyan attended the opening ceremony of the friendship group.
- On October 20, 2017 the creation of a circle of friendship of French-speaking deputies, public and scientific figures of Belgium with Artsakh was announced in the Walloon Parliament of Brussels (Belgium). The solemn ceremony of creating a circle of friendship was attended by the President of the Republic of Artsakh Bako Sahakyan.
- On March 19, 2019, the Group of ‘Parliamentary Friends of the People of Artsakh’ was established in the House of Commons of Canada, and member of the House of Commons Rachel Harder was elected its Chairwoman. In response to this initiative, on March 27, the Artsakh - Canada Friendship Group was established in the National Assembly of the Republic of Artsakh, comprising representatives of all the factions.
- On April 24, 2019, the House of Representatives of the U.S. State of Colorado adopted a resolution in support of the Republic of Artsakh, stressing the inadmissibility of the blockade of the Republic of Armenia and the Republic of Artsakh by Turkey and Azerbaijan.